American Journal of Medical and Clinical Sciences. 2024; 9(2):(105-108)


State of the Art of Anesthetic Practice for Endouterine Evacuation in the South-East of DR Congo

Ibula S, Kalamo A, Iteke F, Bulabula M, Barhayiga B, Alumeti, Tsansya D, Cishugi R, Kalongo JJ, Pembe J, Sagboze S, Diyoyo P, Cikwanine JP, Mbusa H, Kigayi, Sengeyi D.

Abstract
Objective: Evaluate the different anesthetic practices in the management of incomplete abortions.


Materials and Methods: Our study is descriptive in a retrospective approach on; in six hospitals in South Kivu in DR Congo and data were collected then entered then encoded in Microsoft Excel software (preliminary analysis of the data or statistical description of the variables) then they were analyzed in Epi Info software.

Results: The age group between 26 to 35 years was the most represented with an average of 30±7.5 years, the weight for the majority of them varied in the group from 60 to 69 or 60.4%, the majority came from the health zone and represented 94.6%, they were a priori housewives and Catholics and represented 55.4%. We noted narcosis or hyponosis (propofol + Fentanyl followed by Ketamine + Diazepam + Atropine) with a very high frequency at 97.5%. Many patients did not have any complications during their interventions and this would be estimated at a rate of 92.5%; all remaining complications represented 7.5%, i.e. respectively: Desaturation, hypotension and Vomiting. The factors correlated with morbidity and mortality were ASA class and complications with a significant difference because their P value is < 0.001.

Conclusion: The current recommendations in terms of ECP for incomplete abortions are respected in the hospital structures of South Kivu but as elsewhere, there is no predominant anesthetic technique hence the need to think about a more effective and more effective anesthetic technique. comfortable for patients and practitioners in terms of management of incomplete abortions than the techniques currently practiced.

Most Viewed Article
  • Ultrasound Assessment of Changes on the Lungs during Respiratory Distress Syndrome in Newborns with Low Body Weight
    Abdullaiev R Ya, Sorochan AP, Voronzhev IA, Lysenko NS, Abdullaiev RR.
    » Abstract » doi: 10.33425/2832-4226/24010

  • The Phenomenon of Electronic Cigarettes
    Somchai Bovornkitti
    » Abstract » doi: 10.33425/2832-4226/24009

  • Double Cell-Like Objects Created from Synthetic DNA (Human Placenta) Crown Cells Using Monolaurin
    Shoshi Inooka
    » Abstract » doi: 10.33425/2832-4226/24008

  • State of the Art of Anesthetic Practice for Endouterine Evacuation in the South-East of DR Congo
    Ibula S, Kalamo A, Iteke F, Bulabula M, Barhayiga B, Alumeti, Tsansya D, Cishugi R, Kalongo JJ, Pembe J, Sagboze S, Diyoyo P, Cikwanine JP, Mbusa H, Kigayi, Sengeyi D.
    » Abstract » doi: 10.33425/2832-4226/24007

  • An Uncommon Cause of Chest Pain from Tarlov Cysts
    Li Xian Tan, Adel Ekladious.
    » Abstract » doi: 10.33425/2832-4226/24006

Most Downloaded
  • Ultrasound Assessment of Changes on the Lungs during Respiratory Distress Syndrome in Newborns with Low Body Weight
    Abdullaiev R Ya, Sorochan AP, Voronzhev IA, Lysenko NS, Abdullaiev RR.
    » Abstract » doi: 10.33425/2832-4226/24010

  • The Phenomenon of Electronic Cigarettes
    Somchai Bovornkitti
    » Abstract » doi: 10.33425/2832-4226/24009

  • Double Cell-Like Objects Created from Synthetic DNA (Human Placenta) Crown Cells Using Monolaurin
    Shoshi Inooka
    » Abstract » doi: 10.33425/2832-4226/24008

  • State of the Art of Anesthetic Practice for Endouterine Evacuation in the South-East of DR Congo
    Ibula S, Kalamo A, Iteke F, Bulabula M, Barhayiga B, Alumeti, Tsansya D, Cishugi R, Kalongo JJ, Pembe J, Sagboze S, Diyoyo P, Cikwanine JP, Mbusa H, Kigayi, Sengeyi D.
    » Abstract » doi: 10.33425/2832-4226/24007

  • An Uncommon Cause of Chest Pain from Tarlov Cysts
    Li Xian Tan, Adel Ekladious.
    » Abstract » doi: 10.33425/2832-4226/24006